10 Times Metallics Were The Hottest Trend Of 2017
What was once heralded as the go-to trend to opt for only around NYE or Xmas made it okay to be the sported all year long this 2017 — yes, we’re talking about in-your-face metallics that had humble beginnings as the hottest pleated metallic skirt on the high-streets and went onto take over a heap of our wardrobe mainstays later on this year. Let’s be honest, shimmery fashion can be hard to pull off without looking like a disco ball but when gorgeous B-town divas started opting for the it-trend, we couldn’t help but follow suit.
When slip dresses and neat pleated skirts came down the international spring runways rendered in sophisticated metallics, we suddenly had the urge to incorporate shine into our everyday dressing. The key to making such head-turning pieces look chic and not crazy? Let them do the talking by keeping the rest of your look simple. Arguably the only thing more fabulous than an all-over sequin ensemble is one that throws shine and glamour into the mix too a.k.a metallics!
Sit back and get inspired by our curated selections of celeb style metallics to conjure up a like-minded lit-up look for New Year’s Eve or any other social gathering with the party-ready inspiration below.
1. Jacqueline Fernandez in ASOS
2. Deepika Padukone in 3.1 Phillip Lim
3. Alia Bhatt in Label Ritu Kumar
4. Shilpa Shetty Kundra in Amit Aggarwal
5. Shraddha Kapoor in Nor Black Nor White
6. Malaika Arora in Pilar Del Campo
7. Aditi Rao Hydari in Amit Aggarwal
8. Anushka Sharma in Galvan London
9. Shilpa Shetty Kundra in Monisha Jaising
10. Malaika Arora in Amit Aggarwal